Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sweet ....

Sweet is the touch of Oreo's paw,
wanting me to wake so he can spoon under the covers.
Sweet is Annie coming to give me a hug and ask for a treat.
Her gentle ways, the look in her eyes.

Sweet is the smile on Trooper's face,
when I find his "sweet" spot to scratch at the base of his tail.

"Sweeeet!" is my exclamation when the month's bills are paid,
and I realize I've still got a little for next month's.

Sweet is the sorbet I savor on a hot afternoon,
long day, patience thin,
shoes off, feet up, and breezes blowing over the bay.

Sweet sounds his voice as he whispers "I love you."
Sweet feels his hand as he wipes my tears.
Sweet is his hug as we part once again,
wishing for no more bittersweet goodbyes.

What sweetness do you wish for?
Join me at Jamie Ridler Studios for a taste of wishful thinking.

4 comments:

  1. What lovely sweetness! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. And here is to no more partings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{{hugs}}} What a sweet poem. May there be no more good-byes for you. As you wish for yourself, Cindi, so do I wish as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.