Wednesday, May 15, 2013

You Are. I am.

I've heard this song quite a bit lately on the radio.

It makes me think of those punctuation tables that show how correct punctuation can save a life.
It is time to eat Grandpa.
It is time to eat, Grandpa.

The reference for the song comes from John 8:58 in the Bible.
“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

But when I hear this song it speaks to me differently.
I hear it as affirmation that because He is ... I am.
I exist because of Him.
I am because of Him.
All that I have, all that I do ... is because of Him.
Because You are Jesus, I am redeemed.
I am loved.
I am blessed.
You are.
I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.