Friday, June 28, 2013

5 minutes: in between


GO:

I read in between the lines of his letter as he talks about things he saw last week, trying not to make me worry. But I can read his fear in between his reassurance that he is alright and everything is going to be okay.

I write and tell him all the latest news, trying not to make him worry. But I know that he will read in between the lines, and he will feel my fear in between my reassurance that I am alright and everything is going to be okay.

I read in between the lines in the letters of Paul and John. They write to new believers and churches, words of reassurance that they are alright and everything is going to be okay. The archaeological study bible I purchased for myself thirteen years ago is well worn, and I know the realities of their lives.

I don't know if I could be that brave, and yet ... I know that I have the strength of God behind me and in front of me ... and everywhere in between. I have His reassurance that I will be alright, that we will be alright, and that everything will be okay.

I read the letter telling me I didn't get the job I needed. In between the next piece of mail to read, I pray. I read the letter telling me that my food stamps are cancelled because I make "too much money." My projected gross income for the next month will be $423.00. I close my eyes and pray again. I am in between everything these days. In between a full time job, in between being homeless, in between cancer worries, in between ... life.

Thank you, God, for this day and for taking care of me in the "in between" times. I have Your reassurance that I will be alright, that we will be alright, and that everything will be okay.

STOP.
Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.