Wednesday, June 5, 2013

creating space ...

Source: WeHeartIt.com
  I'm joining this afternoon with Jamie Ridler Studios and wishfully (wistfully?) creating space ... even more than I have been lately.

  The space that I wish to create would begin with a home where this would be my "night light."  A place so isolated geographically that the night sky would glow and not be dimmed by city lights.

  A home where I could fall asleep to the sound of the wind in the trees, or the rain on the roof, and not be woken by the noises of traffic on the street or neighbors on a binge.

  A space where I would look forward to coming home to each afternoon, and miss when I had to leave for work in the morning.  Where I could grow vegetables, herbs and fruit.

  I long to create a space of minimalist living, where all we had was all we needed.  Nothing fancy, nothing extravagant, nothing that was unnecessary or simply decorative.  Where the rooms filled with memories were in our minds and hearts and never needed dusting...

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful scene! I love night skies as well.
    As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the space you are describing is part of the reason why I so love to go camping. Away from everything and everyone and all the distractions.

    as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I haven't camped in years but it was very peaceful. I miss also being able to take the boat fishing and just sit for hours on a pond listening to the sounds and thinking of nothing in particular.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. Though there is a place in my heart for the simply decorative as well. Beauty is its own reward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simply decorated would be good ... I just no longer have a desire for all of the clutter and dust gatherers that I've had in the past. Functionally decorated.

      Delete
  4. My dream is to see these lights for myself - what a fantastic wish, Cindi!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a wonderful wish and it can come true. I know because a few years ago I made a very similar wish and now I live in a beautiful rural area. This time of year I fall asleep to the sounds of bullfrogs and crickets, and I wake to bird song. It is so peaceful and everything I wished for!

    As Cindi wishes for herself I also wish for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful! Yes, I'm truly hoping for that peaceful space!

      Delete
  6. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I also wish for her!

    This. This is full of win. I look around at other people's homes and wonder how in the world I got to the state that my home is in now. I think, why can't I stop bringing things in. Why can't I throw it all out?

    I truly wish this for you. It's what I want for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.