Monday, June 3, 2013

destination unknown ...

When I was younger,
with less white hair and fewer worry wrinkles,
my most favorite thing to do when things became overwhelming
was to disappear into a book.

A lengthy, historical romance,
with more history than romance.

I would travel to places I had never been,
written about time long past.
I think sometimes I would actually begin to fade,
as I became part of the characters.

Books were, and always will be, my best friends.
They were my safe havens.

I think this summer will be a perfect time for me to fade away again,
destination unknown,
deep in the pages of a book.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect. Entertainment, education, adventure - and escape.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.