Wednesday, June 5, 2013

howling with my pack ...

I've taken the liberty of awarding myself the Semper Fidelis award by way of Elephant's Child who in the past year has become part of my gathered family.  I would nominate her in return, however, that seems like it would be redundant.  But I will say this about her ... I treasure her.  Her words, her photos, her thoughts, her honesty.  The fact that I can be awake at midnight and know that she will be there to listen to me.  She has been there for me in more ways than one, and on nights when I was lost ... she was my GPS.  If ever I get the opportunity to travel again, my hope is to one day sit with her to watch the sunset, our feet up, and settled into that comfortable silence that says "Yes, you are home here.  Welcome."

The award comes with rules/conditions.

1 : Add the Semper Fidelis Award logo somewhere on your blog.
2: Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3 : Nominate five bloggers whose loyalty, friendship you value and you consider being part of your "pack of wolves."
4 : Post something special for each one of your nominees and dedicate it to them. Such as a quote, saying, poem, picture. Anything you think would pertain to that person.
5 : Let the nominees know that you've nominated them.

The first two rules are simple.  Like EC, I had difficulty with three and four, but to avoid being a copycat, and because there are some bloggers that I look forward to reading like I look forward to the sun shine each morning, here are my nominations:

This Old House 2
I love the work that Karen does for finding forever homes for shelter dogs.
I love her honesty, and her bravery at times for not withholding her opinion on current events.
I love the encouragement she has given me in emails as we've chatted about common interests.
I love the work she has done on her house, her garden, and how beautiful she is ...
inside and out ...
Thank you, Karen.

serendipitous
I love love love Chris' photos.
Her birds, her trees, the snow, the flowers.
Seeing that she has a new blog post is always exciting because there is so much beauty in them.
Not just in her photographs, but in her words.
Simple and to the point.
Life.  Love.  Joy.  Family.  Happiness.
She brightens my day with her view of her world.
Thank you, Chris.

Chronicles of a Country Girl
I'm new to following Kate's blog, but that doesn't change how much I admire her work.
Her photos are incredible, but also her honesty and humor.
She's got a lot on her plate, but handles it with grace and beauty.
I've learned a lot from her.
Thank you, Kate.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I am in a pack. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is cool indeed to be part of a pack!

      Delete
  2. Not a liberty at all. I seem to remember urging people to take this award and run with it. I love the idea of packs of us, howling to the skies. And wolves are super cool animals too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed wonderful animals, which is why I had to make my first fiction book with a wolf character! I loved the day I got to spend with them in January!

      Delete

  3. I am honored, Cindi, thank you so much for the kind words...and I am also priviledged to run with such a cool pack! ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! The header is the view from a friend's dock at the far end of a lake, almost a finger of the lake. It was extremely peaceful and beautiful there!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.