Thursday, June 13, 2013

in the palm of His hand ...

  It has been a long, long day for me beginning with a 9 a.m. interview 20 miles away.  It doesn't sound like that far to drive, but I like to be early, not just on time, and I had an errand to run on the way.  So off I went at 7:40 a.m. after walking the dogs.

  More errands on the way back, and I pulled into the parking lot early for work at 11:05 a.m.  Seven hours and 82 wild and "off the chain" kids later, I headed home.  Walked and fed the very appreciative dogs and listened to the cat yell at me about getting home "late."

  As I stood in the kitchen waiting for my leftover rice to reheat, I felt the exhaustion of the day pour over me, and for just a moment stood there in tears feeling the weight of my life on my shoulders.  I'm tired.  Tired of being alone, trying to do things alone, worrying about packing and moving alone, not knowing where I will go, worrying about jobs, interviews, money, and all the things that every single one of us worry about at times.

  Life as we know it.

  Just before I left work, I talked briefly with one of my co-workers about feeling that the interview this morning didn't go well, that someone who interviewed just before me and sounded like she had history and familiarity with them, had more of an edge than me.  "A" said that I shouldn't feel that way because no one expected David to become King.

  Faith.  Hope.  Belief.  Blessings.

  God works in mysterious ways, especially at times in my life when I need a kick in the seat of my pants reminder.  There are no coincidences.  There is only His plan and pieces of the puzzle.  Tonight when I logged onto a social networking page, there were these two messages from Joel Osteen:

Source: WeHeartIt.com
"Quit being worried, stressed out, wondering if it will happen. God has you in the palm of His hand. He has never once failed before, and the good news is, He is not about to start now."

"David said in Psalm 27:13: 'What would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness?' No matter what has come your way, believe and declare that you will see God's goodness again.

  I am not alone.  Never have been.  Never will be.  I am, and always have been, "in the palm of His hand."  That is so reassuring for me tonight.

1 comment:

  1. No. Never alone. And I smiled to note that the dogs welcomed you home - and the cat complained about your 'tardiness'. Sounds very familiar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.