Saturday, June 1, 2013

selections #123

Just some odds and ends from the week...
This is a narrow leaf yucca.
It seemed to bloom overnight in the field where I run the dogs.
Close up of the flowers.  The plant itself is only about four feet tall.
My imagination keeps seeing these as sweet fairy faces with blond hair.
On Memorial Day (27 May) I was blessed with an invitation to dine with a co-worker & family.
This is the view from their dock, with just the sounds of the wind in the trees, an occasional frog ... and alligator!
This is an owlfly [more info here], whose antenna tickled Trooper's nose
when he investigated.
Sunday Selections was originally started by Kim, of Frogpondsrock ,
as an ongoing meme where participants could post previously unused photos languishing in their files.
It is now continued by River at Drifting through life and Sue at The Elephant's Child
The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent. 
Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to River.

2 comments:

  1. Love the yucca and the owlfly (something I had never heard of) but the view from that dock would have me mesmerised. What a blissful spot to sit. (Though I am not certain I would want to get that close to alligators.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had also never heard of an owlfly and thought it was a dragonfly of some sort. It has been investigated before with the same tickle effect, but I did not have my camera handy to snap a shot before it flew away. I researched it, and then when I saw it this time, I quickly got my camera. I love the lace look on the wings, and while not really easy to see in the picture, they have a fuzzy face!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.