Saturday, June 15, 2013

selections #125

My tiny herb garden ~ L-R: rosemary, oregano, basil, lavender.
[my cilantro died after a spider mite (?) infestation]
When I'm cooking, I often forget that I've got them on the upstairs deck, but truthfully ...
I think I grew them just to rub the leaves between my hands and relax with the scent.
For six years I waited for these vines to bloom.
Now ... my last summer here ...
they are exploding in blossoms.

It is good to know that it will be here long after I'm gone...
Sunday Selections was originally started by Kim, of Frogpondsrock , as an ongoing meme where participants could post previously unused photos languishing in their files. It is now continued by River at Drifting through life and Sue at The Elephant's Child.  The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent.
Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to River.

1 comment:

  1. I love your garden - and am guilty of growing herbs to crush and smell myself. Lemon balm and lemon verbenas are probably my favourites for that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.