Friday, July 26, 2013

5 minutes: broken

GO:

I had dinner with a friend last night and we talked about the broken place that I was in last August when the darkness almost overtook me.  She said that she found it hard to imagine me in that place, and there are times when I find it hard to imagine myself in that place as well.

I suppose that is a sign of how much I have healed.  That there is barely a scar left.  Occasionally something will happen, or I will see or read something that reminds me of that time and it will flood back, as if through a broken dam.

I find myself reeling in the healing...

It is as if we turned a corner, opened a door, and were suddenly in a parallel universe.  Everything was the same ... but completely different.

We were broken and lost once ... but we have been healing, and so much has been gained ...

STOP

An honest witness tells the truth;
a false witness tells lies.
Some people make cutting remarks,
but the words of the wise bring healing.
Truthful words stand the test of time,
but lies are soon exposed.
~ Proverbs 12:17:19 ~
Five Minute Friday

1 comment:

  1. Really like that proverb - powerful and about how everything can change in an instant - so true! Often we focus on how things can go from good to bad, but reverse true, too! Thanks for the reminder
    http://keeponpath.wordpress.com/2013/07/26/five-minute-friday-broken/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.