Friday, July 12, 2013

5 minutes: present

GO:

I am here in this moment ... present ... and this day is a gift to me.

I drove to tutor this morning, only to find out that my small shadow had a cold and would not be in, so I took the time as a gift ... a present ... to run some errands that I had planned on squeezing in between tutoring and summer day care.
Source

I could relax in the present moment and take my time to go from there to there to here.

I drove to a vet's office and received a small amount of free dog and cat food to help my present income stretch a little farther.  It will be a tight month, but each door that has closed has opened yet another.

The interview I had scheduled between tutoring and my "day job" was cancelled yesterday.  Combined with the extra time I had this morning, it gave me an opportunity to apply for a position that required me to take three "Prove It" tests.  If I had tried to squeeze them into the short time I had earlier allotted, I would have been stressed and distracted when testing.  Because I was able to breath and relax in the present moment, I did even better than I expected on one of the computer tests.

I was able to make a few calls and get numbers to someone who might be able to help me with my lack of air conditioning ~ it would be a blessing that would make my present situation just a tad more bearable ~ I've been fortunate that the present weather of overcast and rainy days have made it a little cooler and breezier ... easier to sleep at night.

Doors to the past have long since closed, but doors in the present keep opening, and occasionally I can see through windows that show me a brighter future.  Each day, each moment, each experience ... a present I can be present for ... my life is blessed because of how I choose to wrap each "present."

STOP
Five Minute Friday

10 comments:

  1. Bless you dear, saying prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful recollection of your morning. Thank you for the reminder that even in the constantly changing present, we can find contentment and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a busy day, but much to be thankful for in this present moment.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I like this. Struggle is a part of my daily life, too. I know what it's like to not quite have enough. What a grind...

    Here via FMF. This is my entry: http://wp.me/pBKyJ-pU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that struggles make us stronger ... and make our faith stronger too!

      Delete
  4. Here's to opening doors, and air conditioning!!!... and the best of luck to you with your interviews :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you much luck in the job search. I love that you see things in a positive light.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.