Sunday, July 21, 2013

past judgment ...

I've been feeling as if I've been on trial the last three years.  
Granted, I've done some things I never thought I would do ...

I've lost friends
made mistakes
broken promises
been brought to my knees
and was judged and condemned by family and friends

all because of who I love.

But at the same time
I've done some things I know I will always do ...

I've made friends
learned lessons
honored promises
stood up for what I believed was right and true
and have forgiven

all because of He who loves me.

"They were trying to trap him into saying something they could use against him, but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with his finger.  They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!”  Then he stooped down again and wrote in the dust."
John 8:6-8 NLT

4 comments:

  1. I wish you joy and many blessings!
    Thanks for sharing this, it put my day into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing that the things that you will always do are worth so much more than the things you thought you would never do. A life lived - in all its complexity, difficulty and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you treat others with respect and kindness, soul searching and being true to yourself is always worth it in the end. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.