Friday, August 23, 2013

5 minutes: Last

GO:

Last night on my knees in prayer...
Last thought in my mind as I drifted off to sleep...

First thing I do in the morning...
First thought in my mind as I face the day...

No longer is my faith the last thing I reach for when my day or thoughts become dark.
What was once last is now first ... and last.

Because I have seen and felt the hands of faith wrap around me...
reassuring me that I am not last in His thoughts either.

I face the day with a grateful heart for all of the people I know,
all of the people I meet,
all of the people who reach out to me ... reaching out to them.

I once felt as if I was lost,
but no longer,
because I stopped making Him last.

STOP.

"I cried out, “I am slipping!” but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." 
NLT

Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. YES! Guilty party over here...God so often gets my last, which means not much at all. It's a season of overwhelm in my home, but that's a pretty poor excuse--especially when I need His strength all the more.

    Thank you for your testimony and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautifully written and as it should be God as our all

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.