Friday, August 30, 2013

5 minutes: worship

GO:

This has been an incredible week for me.  It actually started last week, the night I began reading the book of Job ... a book I'd heard about but never actually read.  I opened my Bible to that book on the day I got some more discouraging news and was in a very dark mood.

"..."Suddenly, a powerful wind swept in from the wilderness and hit the house on all sides. 
The house collapsed, and all your children are dead. 
I am the only one who escaped to tell you."
Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. 
Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship. He said,
“I came naked from my mother’s womb,
and I will be naked when I leave.
The Lord gave me what I had,
and the Lord has taken it away.
Praise the name of the Lord!”"
~ Job 1:19-21 ~
NLT

Job lost everything, yet he continued to worship God.  I've nearly lost everything ... and have found God in all that I lost, all that I have, and in the faith of all that I will have again.

Worship isn't just song and praise.  It isn't just getting down on your face in front of someone. Worship is an act of reverence and of giving honor.  It can be a simple gesture, or it can be an extravagant one. Worship is giving thanks, it is being grateful, it is knowing that all we have is this day, this moment, and it can all be gone in an instant.

When we worship ... give thanks ... for what we have right now ... it can open doors for us to have so much more.

I got a job ... while I was reading Job ... and while I was gratefully giving worship, praise, and thanks, for what I had.  How awesome was that?

STOP
Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. Yes! you have it. this is a great post. I loved hearing of your breakthrough too, in the midst of your thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for better times. And yay for thankfulness. Both are most excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.