Tuesday, August 6, 2013

steps...

  I've been taking steps this week towards many bigger things ...

  I wrote a note to someone whose actions hurt my feelings quite a bit.  I apologized for what I felt caused the distance, and said how much it had hurt that they had pulled away.  I told them that I had always felt we were friends.  The kind of friends who could talk about anything and everything, and so the silence had been especially painful for me.

  It was a step towards standing up for myself more.

  I also wrote a thank you note to someone who appeared at my door a year ago and changed my life with one small act of kindness.

  It was a step towards appreciating this past year for what it has been ... and appreciating the life in that year.

  I interviewed for a job this morning ... and got it.  Part time, but it is a steady job, with set hours and days, and I still have the option to substitute in the mornings.  It was not the location I really wanted, but I'm beginning to believe that it is doing what my heart really wants to do.

  It is a step towards getting where I want to be.

  I've begun to realize that sometimes when things seem overwhelming, hopeless, and dark ... if I just keep taking steps towards the light, things do get better.

I have followed your commands,
which keep me from following cruel and evil people.
My steps have stayed on your path;
I have not wavered from following you.
I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God.
Bend down and listen as I pray.
~ Psalm 17:4-6~
NLT

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled to hear about your job. The first of many steps in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.