Friday, August 30, 2013

what i love about bloggers ...

We blog about life.

The good.  The bad.  The ugly.

We might censor our words to protect the innocent... or guilty... but for the most part, we speak truth.  We write about pain.  We write about beauty.  We write about healing ... fear ... hatred ... love ... faith ... life ... death ... mental illness ... abuse ....  We get on our soapboxes to write about politics or religion ... and then we tell you how to take those soapboxes and recycle them into crafts for kids or herb gardens.

We reach out to each other ... across continents ... oceans ... and even hemispheres ... to help one another. We encourage and we support each other in our dreams.  We comfort in our nightmares.

I have felt more like "family" with the bloggers I've become friends with over the past few years than I've felt with my own genetically related strangers.

This week was an incredible week for me ... and topping it off was winning this photo from the blog Chronicles of a Country Girl.
Kate is dealing with so much on her plate right now, yet she can put her world on hold to capture a photo like this and offer it to her readers.  Her strength and beauty ~ inside and out ~ just make my jaw drop.

She is dealing with the impending loss of someone she loves with a grace that makes me wish more could embrace her honesty.

I'm quietly watching from the sidelines as a family member copes with serious health issues and a probable impending loss ... without honesty, and without giving others the opportunity to be compassionate.

What I love most about bloggers is our honesty ... and the truth that we don't try to hide with secrets and lies.

2 comments:

  1. I am so pleased that you have finally had an amazingly good week instead of an amazingly vile one. About time.
    And that photo is stunning. And a beautiful depiction of Kate's strength and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you won this in the giveaway. I don't even know what else to say. I am at a loss for words especially after reading your kind ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.