Thursday, September 12, 2013

baby steps in Kenya ...

  I'm linking this morning with a group of incredibly compassionate bloggers and woman who are (in)couraging women in Kenya.

  I've never considered going to Kenya.  Mostly because I already live in a hot, humid place and so when I dream of vacations, I dream of cool breezes, green mountains, and snow.  But I've always been fascinated by people, places, and animals ... and the more I read and learn about different parts of the world, the more I wish I could be a traveler who simply wanders and enjoys all the beauty that this gracious planet we live on has to offer.

  I've also never had a child ... but that has never stopped me from wanting one, or wanting to be a significant person in the life of a child.  These women that (in)courage and Mercy House Kenya are working with to help them raise their children ... they are mothers ... daughters ... sisters ... aunts ... and they are beautiful, just like the country they live in.

  Won't you consider helping them take baby steps for a better life?
"Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
~ 2 Corinthians 9:7 NIV ~

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant cause. I am sorry, but I am too stretched to give at the moment, but I am wishing them every success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already donate online to Population Services International, (PSI), they have a website where you can read about what they do. Much better than any explaining I could do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.