Sunday, September 1, 2013

faster & more powerful than Superman

  Some of you there on the other side of the monitor know bits and pieces of my story ... the parts I've chosen to share here or there.  What you may not know yet is just how God has been working in my life the last few weeks.  So much has happened ... and so fast ... that I'm still trying to grab onto the tail end of it to pinch myself.

  Last week I finally got a full-time job and start in another few weeks.  Thank You, God!  I'm still working out the budget issues because they will hold back the first two weeks of pay and I won't get paid for a month, but I'm trusting that things happen so that I can squeeze by until then.  I still have a few more things I can list on eBay or CraigsList.

  But here is where things become Amazing.  Today I had a conversation with my husband about how God has worked in our lives ... not just to save our marriage, but to save our lives.  But before I get to all of that, let me back up ... my husband has an incredible gift of music.  He can pick up a guitar or mandolin or sit at a piano and play by ear.  He's not had formal training on any of them, and he can hear a song a few times and then play it perfectly.  It is Amazing   Throughout his life, he has also written songs, mostly bluegrass style gospel songs.  Unfortunately, we had to sell his guitars for food in the past few years.

  Fast forward to now ... today we talked about something that happened earlier this week when he was playing with the church band, and how he felt that rather than become a preacher in one home church, he felt that his calling was to share his testimony ... our testimony ... in many churches with his music and story.  So tonight I was posting on a website asking for help in getting some guitars to replace the ones we had to sell.  As I was waiting for part of the registration process to complete, I stumbled upon a free ad for a pressure washer.

  Now, this is where God became really Amazing   We know that sharing our story won't pay the bills, so we talked about my husband starting his own business doing landscaping or ... [drum roll] ... pressure washing.

  [insert your own little happy dance here if you can see where this is going]

  So now we are the proud owners of a pressure washer ... and [also free] a weed eater which is one of the things we wanted to get when we could afford it to help get the landscaping business off the ground!!!

"Let the whole earth sing to the Lord!
Each day proclaim the good news that he saves.
Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.
Tell everyone about the amazing things he does.
Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!
He is to be feared above all gods."
~ 1 Chronicles 16:23-25 ~
NLT
  

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.