Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 days ... of Life

 I'm joining a new meme tonight ~ the Nesting Place ~ to write about the same topic for 31 days.  The category I've chosen is "Inspiration and Faith" because I have chosen a topic ... one that is sort of borrowed from Hallmark cards ... "Life is a Special Occasion."

  Life is ... a special occasion.

  Life.  The act of living.  The act of loving.  The act of laughing.  Life.

  Getting up every single day ~ whether you want to or not ~ and living.  Taking steps, going through the motions, doing what you need to do one step at a time.

  A little over a year ago, I would have argued that it wasn't a special occasion, or even anything worth doing.  I was in a bad place, after a cancer diagnosis, after leaving a job that caused more stress than what it was worth, after broken promises, after all that I lost ...

  I woke up one day to realize that all was not lost, promises were kept, leaving that job was just one step forward, and the cancer was just something that if I gave in to it would consume me, but that was a choice I had to make ... or not make.

  Life is a choice and life is a special occasion.

  For the next 31 days, I'm going to be writing about life, and the celebration of it ... one day at a time and all the beauty that comes with the party.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.