Thursday, October 31, 2013

waking up the dream ...

  I've had a lot of nightmares lately ... old worries and fears creeping into my nights ... old thoughts ... and the book I've been reading lately made me realize something.

  I'd forgotten how to dream.  I'd forgotten how to believe in possibilities.

  I think it happened when things in my life got really wonky last year.  Wonky.  That's a word that can describe a lot of things ... in a lot of ways.

  Reading "a million little ways" made me realize that I'd stopped doing some of the things I used to do to dream.

  Emily Freeman talks about rescuing our childhood dreams, and talks about filling notebooks with drawings of houses,elaborate floor plans, and special hidden rooms and staircases.

  Me too.

  I used to fill notebooks with floor plans and clippings from magazines with decorating ideas.  Catalogs would come in the mail and I would circle things I would buy to decorate my home.  Not just as a child, but for most of my adult life.

  Until last year.  I stopped dreaming last year and started living my nightmares.

  But no more.  Catalog season has started, and I've bought a new notebook, ink pens and have my scissors close at hand.  I'm embracing my dreams and making some new ones.

  Because anything is possible ...

1 comment:

  1. I read this quote earlier today and it seems to belong with you and this post.
    "There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, 'Yes, I've got dreams, of course I've got dreams.' Then they put the box away and bring it out once in a while to look in it, and yep, they're still there. These are great dreams, but they never even get out of the box. It takes an uncommon amount of guts to put your dreams on the line, to hold them up and say, 'How good or how bad am I?' That's where courage comes in.” -- Erma Bombeck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.