Thursday, November 7, 2013

thank you to the chef ...

I love how flavors can comfort and make or bring back memories of good times.  When I smell gingerbread cookies, I'm transported back to Germany ... Rhine River cruise ... Lebkuchen cookies.

Thank you to the cooks and chefs and bakers who work magic in kitchens to create those incredible tastes, smells, and memories.

Thank you to all those who cook at home, even those who just boil water for eggs or coffee ... feeding a family is like feeding the soul sometimes.  The heart of a home is the kitchen, and you are the beat of that heart.

1 comment:

  1. Flavours and scents carry so many powerful memories. Cinnamon spells comfort to me. And vanilla...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.