Saturday, November 9, 2013

thank you to the volunteers ...

Today is going to be a difficult day for me ... but I'm thankful for those who work at and volunteer at no-kill animal shelters across the country.  I know how hard it is to care for or foster animals that have been abandoned and abused.  It is a selfless job, putting your heart on your sleeve every time you look in their eyes.  Seeing them shake or cower in a corner, knowing that their trust has been broken.

Thank you to all who rescue.  To all who hug.  To all who wait patiently with treats in their hands for that scared dog or cat to learn to trust again... to learn that not all people are mean.

Thank you to those who help walk, feed, medically treat, or home one of those who have been abandoned, surrendered, lost or abused.  Thank you for loving them and giving them hope again.  Thank you for opening your hearts ... and your arms ... and your homes.

All of my "kids" ... my "furbabies" have been rescues ... and we thank you.

Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry. Such a hard decision for you - and the right decision for your fur babies. Which doesn't make it any easier. At all.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a volunteer job I could look into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just adopted our Harley two months ago. He has been the delight of our family. The Lord is teaching me many insights into His love and grace through our dog. Thank you for your love of these animals who will love others too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.