Sunday, December 1, 2013

kickin' & healin' ...

Yesterday I blogged about feeling that something in me cracked a long time ago and I'd been struggling with the feeling that I lost my ability to write ... that somehow all the words had escaped.

Later that night I stumbled on a new blog meme that Jamie (Jamie Ridler Studios) and her sister, Shannon (Planet Shannon) are doing ... the Kickin' It Old Skool Blog-a-Thon.

It occurred to me that what I really needed was to stand up and kick this feeling in the behind.  To not let it continue to hold me back or hold me down.  To fight it ... kickin' and screamin' and healin'.

Last night I shared with my husband some of my deepest fears that have been controlling me, and I remembered a time in my life when I said that the only way to stop being afraid was to face that fear head on.

This is me ... facing my fears head on ... with the first assignment of the Kickin' It meme ... a selfie.
Late summer 2010.
That was my first fall in Texas.  A time when I thought I was doing something that would change my life for the better ... and it could have ... would have ... if I hadn't let my fears control me just two years later.

December 2007 in Koln, Germany
(not really a selfie ~ I have short arms)
That was a time when I faced my fears of traveling alone and had the best Christmas ever ... on a Rhine River cruise.

I want to be that "me" again.  Brave.  Fearless.  Strong.  World traveler.  Confident.

22 comments:

  1. Those are lovely photos of you. Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for being fearless and posting this today! I have felt the way you have, too, and I'm on a journey back to myself again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you also came across Jamie's project just after committing to yourself to do something more. I definitely feel that the universe aligns us with what we need when we need it. (Especially just after we acknowledge we need something!) Looking forward to writing and embracing our fears together as a group this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am believing that the brave fearless strong world traveling confident you is there. You are she.
    She is you and you have taken baby steps to recovering her spirit. Yay you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME to have YOU joining in Cindi! THANKS for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your photos and experience. The first time I traveled outside of this country was also a solo trip to Europe. It is a really powerful to know you have that ability to face a fear, move through it, and have wonderful experiences as a result. Here's to more of that fearlessness in you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see that "you" in those sparkling eyes. Thank you for being here, for braving it and for being ready to KICK!! We're cheering you on ((bighugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. One day at a time and one step at a time-- and today you are introducing yourself to lots of kindred spirits and setting yourself on a pace that is comfortable for YOU. Kudos!
    Love both of the photos and your hair is a to-die-for color, just beautiful!!
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do it, Annie! I'm learning to kick through my fears too. Glad to meet you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Know the feeling well - of wanting to be that "me" again. Maybe we'll find a little of that this month! -Laura Smith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yay you. Love idea of facing you fears head on, and what a wonderful way to use the Kickin' It blogathon as an inspiration to kick those old unhelpful feelings behind. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy kicking. You are a survivor and WILL triumph. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Photos of you!! Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is to you being "that you" again -- but better...more alive, more knowing, wiser and ready to take on new challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't believe in coincidences. How wonderful that you found this group just at a time when you are ready to take on your fears. Your selfies are wonderful. I am looking forward to getting to know you this month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and strong! You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray for getting your groove back on track! I'm having kind of the same problem where I want to write on my blog but I just never know what to write or can never find the time to write any more. I love the idea of just getting back to when blogging was FUN and seeing where it takes us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am playing as well. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. "kickin' and screamin' and healin'..." - Love that. Here is to Facing it ! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can be that 'me' again, maybe not exactly, because time has passed and there are new memories, but you can focus on the good parts, the things that make you happy, put a big smiley sticker on your fridge or by your computer, something that makes you laugh to ease tensions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.