Thursday, December 5, 2013

kickin' ... in ten

We are prompted to share ten things about ourselves today. I'm trying to think of things I haven't shared here before ... and things that won't get me locked up.  I also, in all honesty, don't really want to share too much.  I've found that I value my privacy more in a world where we are so globally connected.

1.  I miss the days before computers, when writing letters and putting them in the (snail)mail or picking up the phone to call someone was the only way to catch up with family and friends.  It felt more personal, and emoticons and "LOL" just don't read the same as hearing someone laugh on the phone.

2.  I loved taking cooking classes at "Somethin's Cookin'" years ago and would love to take a formal cooking course, or a series of classes around the world.  There just seems to be so much love put into cooking and baking for family and friends.  I also love reading books that have recipes built into them.  When I do travel, I like to pick up a cookbook as a souvenir.

3.  If I could figure out how to convince my big dog that flying is fun, I would move to Germany in a heartbeat.  I love the beauty of the country, the relaxed way of living, the food, the people.  I love that Germany is so central in Europe that you can go almost anywhere within a day or two's train ride.

4.  I am a closet Hallmark-oholic ... a leftover from my days of snail mail.  I love just browsing the cards, and  I love their Christmas ornaments.  I go through their ornament catalog like it is an old Sears wish book, circling ornaments I wish I could buy and ornaments wish I could send for gifts.

5.  I love walking (and dancing) in the rain, and unless it is absolutely pouring elephants and hippos, I won't use an umbrella or wear a rain hood.  Something about being in the rain makes me feel child~like.  Perhaps I am more of a land locked mermaid than I thought.

6.  I once owned an 11 foot long Burmese python that ate full grown rabbits once a month.

7.  I just recently found out that I can no longer see 3D movies or pictures because of my retinal tear.  I'm bummed.

8.  I've always wanted to play a musical instrument and my husband is going to start teaching me to play piano.

9.  Not to brag or anything, but I can still wear the earrings I wore in high school.  Just sayin'

10.  Turning 40 was easier for me to do than turning 50 was.

5 comments:

  1. I love number 5! I am the same way, I don't use an umbrella or shy away from the rain at all! There's just something special about it...I can't count the number of times I've heard "you'll catch your death" in relation to being rained on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. the same earrings ! that's awesome !
    Love the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to LOVE getting letters in the mail. I love the speed of today's technology but not the face-lessness of it. I can still fit into my earrings from high-school too! LOL (sorry, just had to--I like to laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ten. And yes, I can still wear the earrings I had as a yoof.
    Years really don't matter to me, so forty and fifty were both fine. I will see whether I am still of that opinion at the next milestone.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved #9! Can so relate!
    Great to learn more about you. I so agree with you about 1 and 4. I still send cards and letters. Not crazy about email - I use it but not for cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.