Friday, December 27, 2013

kickin' this year to the past ...

The last Friday of the year 2013. Wow. How did we get here so fast? Is it just me or does it seem like this year just suddenly hit fast forward and we jumped through a worm-hole and missed most of the year?

There were days (weeks ... months) that I remember thinking were just dragging along and I was wishing (praying) that I would just hurry up and get past all that. And suddenly ... here I am. Prayers answered. Wishes granted.

Because it was such a difficult year, I'm choosing to hold onto the positives and let the negatives disappear as quickly as everyone's champagne will on New Year's Eve.


This year what I will remember most about 2013 will be all those answered prayers and miracles. Too many to list, but so many I'm grateful for.

What I am ready to leave behind is this place ~ this house, this city, this state, and most of these people. I'm ready for a fresh start, clean slate, second chances, and all the possibilities that a move offers.

In 2013 I learned that I was stronger than I thought I was, that you can do more with less, and that sometimes shutting out the world and just focusing on what is happening in your own heart is what is important.

When we ring out the old year, and welcome in the new ... I will be celebrating who we have become, together, in the midst of what could have destroyed us, and how it has brought us closer, made us stronger, and the faith that sustained us.

Ringing in the New Year with [KIOS] this morning.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your uplifting, positive post. Let's hope at the end of 2014 we can both look back on a marvelous year on all accounts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I love that your slow learning self has recognised your strength. Hold onto that thought. Hug it to you tightly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a big step to be able to leave a place. I'm glad to hear that you can embrace that big change. I love how you say you learned to do more with less. It's a good lesson for all of us. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Learning that you have more strength than you expected is a great thing. May 2014 bring you the peace you want and deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a really tough one and that you are feeling like the phoenix rising from the ashes! Bravo! Happy flying as you soar on to the next things/places/experiences!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.