Friday, January 3, 2014

prayers ...

news arrived this week
of two friends in pain
one who lost both parents last year
another facing cancer and chemo
again

there are days when I let my worries
become bigger than they are
and days when I am reminded how much
I have to be grateful for

right now
I'm grateful for my friends
and I'm lifting them up
in prayer

Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. 
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
~ Psalm 23:4 NLT ~

When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.
~ Psalm 94:19 NLT ~

Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.
~ Psalm 119:50 NLT ~

God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
~ Matthew 5:4 NLT ~



2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. For your friends, and for the pain you feel for and with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.