Wednesday, January 8, 2014

sit for a spell and have a cuppa coffee ...

     Hey you ... yes, you.  Sitting there at the computer, wandering through blogs and wondering what this new year will bring.  I wanted to tell you thank you for being here.  I know.  You think I don't know anything about you, so how could I even say that.  But I know.  More than you think.  I've been there too.  Wandering.  Wondering.  Questioning.  Doubting.  Wanting to take that step, but being afraid.  Knowing that risking that first step sometimes feels like you're risking it all.  And it's too much.  Too much to think about.  Too much pressure.  There is fear in that first, tentative step.  Fear in trusting too much.  Giving too much.  You lie awake at night, wondering if there isn't any other way.  Any other person who could make that decision for you.  Take that step for you.

     But here is the thing.  You don't have to do it alone.  Ever.  I guarantee that there is someone out here who has been there too.  Taken that first step ... and survived it.  Someone who wandered, lost and afraid, who found their way back again.  Someone who trusted ... and who is reaching out a hand for you to grasp.  Someone you can trust with all your fears.

     Grab it.  Grab life.  Take that step.  Open your heart.  Don't let go.  Because you are going to make it, and one day, you'll be reaching back to offer your hand to someone who is walking the same path you're walking now.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
~ Proverbs 3:5-6 ~
NLT

I'm joining in a new ongoing meme this year.  Selfish reasons actually, but it works for me.  Holley Gerth is starting "Coffee for Your Heart" ~ an encouragement challenge.  I'm joining because I've learned that in life ... you get what you put into it.  Last year was difficult for me because I had been hurt by people I trusted ... family ... friends ... and so I isolated myself.  Built walls.  Shut doors.  Closed windows.  Disconnected phones.  As a result ... I put myself in a box ... albeit self-imposed, but a box nonetheless and wound up feeling even more alone and discouraged than ever before.
This year, I'm breaking out of the box.  Tearing down walls.  Opening doors and windows.  Reconnecting.  Because what you give ... you get back ... ten fold.  And this year, I know I'm going to be facing new challenges and will need lots of encouragement.


5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm your neighbor over at Holley's Coffee for Your Heart. I love the honesty in your post and the encouragement to trust, tear down walls, and say hello to freedom. God bless you this new year as you continue your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up today with Coffee for Your Heart, friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut doors, closed windows, I like it here in my box. I still have family and friends, but they understand my need for "alone".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindi,
    What a great post! It speaks to me volumes! Isolation, fear, hurt...I too will be bold this year, and I will open everything as I am already thanking God for the abundance of blessings coming our way. They are His promises, not mine (thank goodness!) Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.