Saturday, January 11, 2014

storm ...

he heard the storm approaching
long before I did
he moved closer to me
moaned softly
I stirred in my sleep
and reached out to him
comforting
through my closed eyes
I saw the flash
and the thunder followed
closer with each
streak of electricity that
reached from the clouds
to the earth
I moved over in the bed
giving him room
and he took advantage of it
leaning into me
shaking
moaning in fear
I whispered in his ear
everything was alright
I had him
I would never let him go
he was safe in my arms
the storm passed
he relaxed
and we both slept for a bit

funny, isn't it
how a moment in time
comforting someone in their fear
can remind you so much
of how we are comforted
by Him

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.