Wednesday, January 22, 2014

you are beautiful ... just as you are

Speaking of you, beautiful...
Hello again,

  So glad that you stopped by.  These morning coffee chats are becoming my favorite part of the week.

  I've been meaning to tell you just how beautiful you are.  No, seriously.  It is that glow in your eyes when you laugh, and the way your face lights up when you smile.

  I know.  I once thought that I was just another wall weed.  Boo-foo ugly in the mornings ... someone who was more deadly than Medusa on a bad day.  It was a long time before I could believe it when someone said I was pretty.  I just didn't see it in myself.  I hid for a long time from the world.

  But then one day I realized that I was beautiful ... just as I was.  Just as you are.  Beauty wasn't in what I looked like ... it was in who I was.  It wasn't something that I could find in makeup or clothes or in a number on the scale.  Beauty was in my actions.  What I said to others.... what I did when no one was watching.  Beauty isn't how you look, it is how you act.

  And you are beautiful ....

"Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, 
expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes.
You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, 
the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God."
~ 1 Peter 3:3-4 NLT ~

4 comments:

  1. Sadly beautiful looks are rewarded in our society much more often than beautiful actions/characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cindi,
    Thanks for sharing it is not outside that matters or makes us beautiful but the inside! You are awesome and Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heart words were very beautiful this morning. Thanks for linking up @ Vintage Housewife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hid from the world? I find that very sad.
    Very glad you finally saw the truth in yourself, you are beautiful,
    but I wish you had always seen the beauty that is you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.