Wednesday, January 15, 2014

you are loved ...

Join me for a cup, won't you?
Good morning, you.

How has your week been?  Busy?  Yes, mine too.  Lots of things going on, lots of things to think about ... and worry about.  But you know, one of the things I don't worry about anymore is being loved.

It's hard to believe that once I longed to hear those words, and when I eventually did, the person who said them used them as a weapon against me ... for twelve years.  He turned them into something I couldn't even say to myself ... and that was what hurt me the most.

But one day ... it was as if my inner Amazon suddenly broke out of that closet where I had kept her locked up for so long.  [Yes, Amazon.  You know, they say go big or go home, and at that time in my life I needed to go big.  An inner child wouldn't have survived those times.]

I realized that I wasn't any of the horrible things that he said I was ... and I started to believe in myself, rather than believe what he said.  I looked at myself differently and then one day, there it was.  Looking back at me in the mirror was that Amazon, and she was telling me ...

You are loved.

So here I am, sitting with my coffee, sharing those words with you because they are true, and we all need to hear them.  It doesn't matter where you've been or what you've done.  It doesn't matter what everyone else says about you, because really, what matters most is what you say about yourself.

You are loved.

When you can say those words to your reflection in mirror, and believe them, things start to happen.  Miracles.  Big things.  Because those three words have the power to change your life.

You are loved.

"This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, 
but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they’ve done to our relationship with God."
~ 1 John 4:9-10 MSG ~

2 comments:

  1. Not something I can say to myself. Some day perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm able to say this to myself now. It isn't always easy to get to this point, but it's worth it in the end. People need to be able to love themselves, feel themselves worthy. Accepting of who and what they are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.