Wednesday, February 12, 2014

no matter what happens ...

Join us for a cup of love...
"No matter what happens ... you're going to be okay because ..."

I can't count the number of times that I've heard those words from someone I've looked up to ... or reached out to ... or the number of times I've longed to hear them from someone who isn't here anymore.

Last night I was talking with a neighbor about the whirlwind I feel my life has become in the last several years, especially how I have been feeling lately, and I told her that I wished I could just talk to my dad ... or my uncle ... for some guidance.

My father passed in 2006, and his identical twin brother ~ my uncle ~ in 2011.  Both of them would have those words of wisdom that always made me know that no matter what happens, I'm going to be okay because ... they were there to set me straight.  To be that sounding board I needed.  The voice of reason.

But the truth of it all is this ... even without them here to talk to anymore ... it is that no matter what happens, I'm going to be okay because my Father will always be there.  He will never leave or forsake me.  Even when I'm lost and alone ... He is near and all I have to do is reach up ... look up ... and rest in His calm.

At times lately it has felt like no matter what happened, I was not going to be okay ... but when I stop to rest in His word, to calm my mind and step back into His presence ... I realize that no matter what happens, I am going to be okay.

4 comments:

  1. Which you are. And your own determination has a part to play in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning that all I have is God, He is all that I need, all that I desire. Thanks for linking up and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great truth! I love what Matthew 11:28-30 says in the Message version: “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly."

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is our firm foundation! I am so glad I can trust that no matter how awful things feel in my present moment, He is completely aware of it and has it in the palm of His hand. If He has the moment in the palm of His hand, then I must be there too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.