Wednesday, March 5, 2014

small things ...

Join us for a cup?
Hello Sunshine,

It has been a trying week, hasn't it?  I know I've struggled.  Layoffs at work ... dead car battery in a week when the paycheck needed to stretch farther than it did ... anxiety ... frustration ... choices ... decisions ... heartbreak.  Aching heartbreak and loss.

But it is the small things that make the biggest difference in our days.  Friends who come through to help when you call.  Amazing sunrises.  Astounding sunsets.  Spring flowers rebelling against the latest cold snap.  Warm snuggles under the covers with my cat.  The comfort of my dog leaning up against my legs.  The words that tell us of truth ... and of love.

"Do not withhold your mercy from me, Lord;
may your love and faithfulness always protect me.
For troubles without number surround me;
my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head,
and my heart fails within me."
~ Psalm 40:11-12 NIV ~

"Love and Truth meet in the street,
Right Living and Whole Living embrace and kiss!
Truth sprouts green from the ground,
Right Living pours down from the skies!
Oh yes! God gives Goodness and Beauty;
our land responds with Bounty and Blessing.
Right Living strides out before him,
and clears a path for his passage."
~ Psalm 85:10-13 MSG ~

"Guilt is banished through love and truth;
Fear-of-God deflects evil.
When God approves of your life,
even your enemies will end up shaking your hand."
~ Proverbs 16:6-7 MSG ~

"Companions as we are in this work with you, we beg you, 
please don’t squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us. God reminds us,
'I heard your call in the nick of time;
The day you needed me, I was there to help.'
Well, now is the right time to listen, the day to be helped. Don’t put it off; don’t frustrate God’s work by showing up late, throwing a question mark over everything we’re doing. Our work as God’s servants gets validated—or not—in the details. People are watching us as we stay at our post, alertly, unswervingly . . . in hard times, tough times, bad times; when we’re beaten up, jailed, and mobbed; working hard, working late, working without eating; with pure heart, clear head, steady hand; in gentleness, holiness, and honest love; when we’re telling the truth, and when God’s showing his power; when we’re doing our best setting things right; when we’re praised, and when we’re blamed; slandered, and honored; true to our word, though distrusted; ignored by the world, but recognized by God; terrifically alive, though rumored to be dead; beaten within an inch of our lives, but refusing to die; immersed in tears, yet always filled with deep joy; living on handouts, yet enriching many; having nothing, having it all."
~ 2 Corinthians 6:1-10 MSG ~

2 comments:

  1. Hugs.
    You are stronger than you realise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wonderful list of difference-making small things is so encouraging.
    And, thank you for the Truth you offered in the verses.
    Perspective-changing.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.