Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday coffee ...

Join us for a cup...
Courage.

A big word sometimes when you are feeling very small.
Or very scared.

Courage.

It isn't always in the brave act.  Sometimes it is in the things that we fear the most, but we know are the right things to do.  It is choosing to walk a narrow path ... and not the wide road that someone else chooses.  It is saying no ... when someone wants you to say yes.  It is making a hard decision ... one that rips your heart out and makes you feel as if you have thrown yourself on a grenade ... and then standing up and standing strong in the decision no matter how much it hurts.

Courage.

It is sometimes loving yourself more ... and slowing learning to stop loving someone who has hurt and betrayed you.  It is letting go ... and holding on to the hand of God as He leads you beside the still waters and restores your soul.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. 
He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. 
He renews my strength. 
He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. 
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. 
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. 
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. 
You honor me by anointing my head with oil. 
My cup overflows with blessings. 
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, 
and I will live in the house of the Lord forever." 
~ Psalm 23:1-6 NLT ~

1 comment:

  1. And sometimes it is scary actions which you have to take - if you are to have any respect for yourself. Not easy, but right.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.