Friday, May 30, 2014

5 minutes... nothing

GO:
Nothing fills my mind lately with fear or anger. I have jettisoned those negative emotions by filling the space in between with positive thoughts and scriptures. Filled until they overflowed and washed away the hurt and pain. Filled until they overflowed and washed away the fear and anger.

Nothing has become everything to me now. Time spent focusing on my serenity. Tai Chi. Yoga. Meditation to the sound of wind in the trees and water bubbling in a fountain with the occasional cardinal song or croaking frog. Journaling the old fashioned way with pen and paper. Reading pages that turn and feel crisp in my fingers rather than scrolling down with my thumb. Weekends away from social media and television and spent in bare feet at the beach with my dog.

Sometimes there is no better healer than time spent doing nothing.

STOP

Joining with Lisa-Jo Baker this morning for Five Minute Friday.
Five Minute Friday

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm here from FMF. Love this! How true is it that sometimes doing "nothing" (at least in other people's opinions) is truly healing and therapeutic! Great job. -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's just amazing when God takes nothing and makes it become everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are finding peace with that healing. Which is better than wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sometimes there is no better healer than time spent doing nothing." I love this!

    Apparently many of us had a lot to say about nothing! Ha! Amazing how that one little word can bring out so many emotions in us, huh?!

    I love thinking that God fits perfectly into that nothing in our lives...He fills it up perfectly.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindi, after your visit to my blog, I thought I'd drop in here from FMF. I loved your words "Sometimes there is no better healer than time spent doing nothing!" It's amazing the connection we can make with God when doing nothing, and amazingly healing will take place. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.