Tuesday, June 3, 2014

discussions

I'm working a new shift which has disrupted our routine.
"Someone" now only gets one long run before I have to go to work,
and a leashed walk when I get home.

He's not happy about that.

When I got home last night, he would not take care of "business" while leashed.
After 30 minutes of discussing the penalties of disobedience if he didn't come when I called him,
I unleashed him.

"Someone" is now grounded for life.

I had to get the car out of the garage and bribe him with a ride
to get him to come to me after an hour of his "fun and games."

We sat in the garage after a ride around the parking lot
and had a discussion about his unacceptable behavior.

I didn't raise my voice or show any anger.
But he knew I was disappointed in him and refused to look at me.
He leaned back against the seat, head down and eyes looking away.
This is what Trooper's pout looks like,
except that he won't look at you when he does it.
It was hard to keep from smiling at his remorse.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I suspect that Trooper KNOWS that you were smiling inside at his remorse. And, if he is anything like our cats, he will be compliant (for a while) and will then err again. A bit like my youngest brother who weighed up whether any given action was worth the punishment it would attract. And often decided it was.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.