Wednesday, June 18, 2014

senses overload....

The F-22s are training this morning so for the last three hours they have made me duck (inside my house and on my serenity deck) as they fly low and close to practice their touch-and-go landings.

The neighbor behind me has been mowing his dirt and weeds for the past thirty minutes and each time I hear the blades kick up a rock I flinch.

The temperature has been in the 90s the past few days and the humidity in the 100s. The slick sweat that coats my skin doesn't seem to dry at all.  The ice on in my tea melts before I have a chance to enjoy it.

Silence awaits me, broken only by the sounds of nature. Cooler days and nights.

I'm looking forward to the change.



1 comment:

  1. I would be LONGING for that change. Those overloads do my head in.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.