Friday, June 23, 2017

in five ... steady

Joining the mix of talented, creative and beautiful writings for Five Minute Friday this evening ...

I'm tired. The past few weeks have been steadily busy at work, so much that more than once I realized it was time to go for the day and I hadn't even finished one full mug of coffee.

Steady

My husband was promoted to a shift supervisor - and so while I'm steadily working, he sleeps. While I sleep, he steadily works.

Steady

I get home from work, trying to tip-toe around as not to wake him, or get the dogs started barking. Yet with an arm's length list of do-do-to-do just for me to stay steadily on top of the meals, laundry, and chores.

Steady

We are steadily trying to rebuild our lives so that we can own a home of our own, yet every week there is something else that demands priority. This week it is brakes on what is now our only vehicle, which squeals and grinds steadily as I drive it. I grimace as people turn to look, and I want to get a bullhorn and yell at them, "Yes, I know! But we can only do so much in one pay period!"

Steady

I feel as if I am falling steadily farther and farther away from Adonai and I want to just be able to breathe in His word, His love, His comfort, and I know that something has to give soon.

Steady

I realize that nothing will change unless I change. I pull out my journal. Again. Delete all the mind-numbing games and apps that had been filling time better spent with Him. Steadily, making a difference, even a small difference in my day can be what I need to remain

Steady

3 comments:

  1. I love your post, Cindi! "I realize that nothing will change unless I change." This is true for me, too. I need to write more in my journal. I, too, need to delete some games from my phone. I don't think I realize how much time they take up. Anyway, thanks for being vulnerable and sharing your thoughts. You have inspired me.

    I'm your neighbor at #FiveMinuteFriday! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for what you shared; sending prayers for your brake situation and your exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small steps, steady steps.
    And hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.