Monday, July 17, 2017

Monday's List ... 29 of 52 or 5

Dreaming with Patti Miinch today and Moorea Seal's 52 Lists Project.
List your childhood and current dream jobs:
1.  When I was in the 9th grade (1976-77), I was on the school newspaper staff. The Space Shuttle Columbia (which flew in 1981) was still being built and there was a great deal of excitement about it. I wrote a letter to NASA expressing my interest in being the first student journalism reporter in space. I'd still go in a heartbeat.

2.  In the first two years of high school, I had dreams of being an interior decorator and still love decorating, turning a house into a home that is comfortable and welcoming. I also thought about becoming an architect and drew up elaborate floor plans of my dream homes (and still do). 

3.  My senior year of high school, I turned my interest to physical therapy, with a brief thought of becoming a veterinarian. However, I quickly realized that I would become too emotionally attached to be able to be an objective care provider. Becoming a physical therapist remained a dream job for many years, encouraged by working at a United Way Cerebral Palsy Child Development Center, and at a practice where I was a PT aide. Unfortunately, I found out that before a student studied human cadavers, they worked on dog or cat cadavers and that was something I couldn't imagine doing without breaking into horrifyingly loud sobs.

4.  Now my dream job is to be a full-time writer. Books, blogs, web articles, radio ad copy, magazine articles, or as an ongoing newspaper columnist. I'd love to see Trooper's Run turned into a made-for-television movie by the Lifetime Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.