Saturday, November 5, 2011

Falling back...

 
I Heart This

I love fall. 
The crisp snap of cold in the air in the morning. 
The smell of a fireplace warming a home. 
The crinkle of leaves under my feet. 
Colors of red, orange, yellow everywhere. 
Birds flying in formation heading south to warmer climates. 
The scent of apples, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie. 
Football games. 
Flannel sheets. 
Down comforters. 
Foggy mornings. 
Clear skies at night to see the Milky Way. 
Turkey legs, stuffing, and green bean casserole like Mom used to make.
Shuffling along the carpet in my socks to give my husband an electric kiss good morning.
Looking back at the year and realizing how much I have to be grateful for... how much to be thankful for.

     But I think what I love the most is that day when we can set our clocks back an hour.  For the first few days of that work week, I wake feeling rested... refreshed... and ready to face the day.

     It's funny how that one hour can seem to make such a difference, but I know it is just perspective.  We feel like we've gained something we lost earlier in the spring.  Like finding a five dollar bill in that winter coat you haven't worn since March.

     Sixty minutes.  Three thousand six hundred seconds.  What a gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.