Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'll fly away...

     This morning I'm listening to the memorial service for my Uncle Ron that was held in October.  I wasn't able to attend, but in listening to the CD I can close my eyes and feel the love of family and friends around me as if I were there.

     At the end of the service, my cousin, Tim, his wife, Heather, and their two oldest children, Evan and Leia sang "I'll Fly Away."  It was so beautiful, and so uplifting.

Some glad morning when this life is o'er,
I'll fly away;
To a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

Chorus
I'll fly away, fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

When the shadows of this life have gone,
I'll fly away;
Like a bird from prison bars has flown,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away)

Chorus
Oh. How glad and happy when we meet
I'll fly away
No more cold iron shackles on my feet
I'll fly away

Chorus

Just a few more weary days and then,
I'll fly away;
To a land where joy shall never end,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away)

Chorus

Image Credit


     What a wonderful promise we have been given.  A hope ... a love ... a peace.

1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.” 
~ John 14:1-4 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.