Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Making plans...

"11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
~ Jeremiah 29:11 ~

     I've been trying to make plans to leave Texas, but the more I look for jobs away from here, the fewer I find.  The more disappointed I get in not being able to leave quickly, the more God has been blessing us with new friends in the church and a restored marriage. 

I Heart This

     I'm beginning to think that the plan isn't for me to make, but to wait on His plan for me.

     Once upon a time I was obsessed about planning my life out.  I would buy a new calendar as soon as they came out, and in ink I would plan out my year.  Days were written in stone as far as I was concerned, and those were my plans.

     The very first time one of my plans did not happen, I would throw that calendar away, get a new one, and start planning all over again.

     Now, looking back, I think it was because I felt my life was so 'unplanned' and out of my control.  There were years of roller coaster rides when I just wanted to be on a merry-go-round.  I wanted to feel like something, anything, was going the way I had hoped it would.

     This past Sunday we heard the testimony of a young woman who talked about all the pain in her life that had finally brought her to her knees... and to God.  One of the things that she said was that "she would do it all again, just because she knew that the reward would be the same."  All of the pain, all of the losses, all of the hurt... because it was all worth it.

     Today, I still keep calendars.  But when I plan beyond today... I write in pencil.

     We are not promised tomorrow.  All we are ever given is today.

14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”
~ James 4:14-15 ~

     I will enjoy today and the blessings He has given me.  Perhaps I will get the opportunity to enjoy them again tomorrow.  In any case... I will go where the Lord leads me, and do the work He has planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.