Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pray for a cure...

     I had a very overdue appointment today with the dermatologist to see if the skin cancer on my upper lip has returned because the scar suddenly started to bleed again.

     My prayer today is that the dermatologist finds nothing in the three biopsies they took from my lip, cheek and collarbone area.  That the blisters heal quickly on my arm where he froze off the spots that looked like they had potential to become cancerous.  Finally, I pray that the sample they sent to the lab of the tissue under my toenail is just an old bruise from a previous stress fracture working its way out, and that I won't need to go to the podiatrist to have the nail removed and toe biopsied.

Freckled...
     I wish that when I was younger, I had known about the damage my skin would get while I was trying to make my freckles blotch together to make it look like I had a tan. 

     I wish that stronger sunscreen had been invented sooner and recommended more.

     I pray that in my lifetime there is a cure found for all cancers so that no one ever has to go through this worry, fear and pain again.

"15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."
~ James 5:15-16 ~

2 December 2011 update... results are in on the three biopsies... cheek was benign; lip was pre-cancerous but the biopsy got it all, if it comes back they can freeze it; but the collarbone (right clavicle to be really technical) was basal cell carcinoma... so more cutting to be done on the 12th. 

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.