Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday's child...

... works hard for a living.

     I was born a little after 1 a.m. on a Saturday.  At least in Illinois I was.  Had I been born farther west, I could have been born on a Friday.

Friday's child is loving and giving.

     My birth verse for a Saturday birthday is "Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:5 NIV ~

     But if I had been a Friday's child, it would have been "And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away."  ~ 1 Peter 5:4 NIV ~

     Regardless of which day I was born on, which time zone... I love the thought of a promise ~ a "deposit" ~  that guarantees what is to come... and a glory that will never fade away.  While working hard for a living is a fact of life for all of us these days... I know without a doubt that my reward in Heaven will be worth the labors of my body here on Earth, and that the house that is being built for me will be magnificent.

Heaven...
     Come and join me... the door is always open, and there is room for all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.