Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday travels... Salzburg, Austria

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
~ Saint Augustine ~
(354-430 AD)
Salzburg, Austria
"It is a great consolation for me to remember that the Lord, to whom I had drawn near in humble and child-like faith, has suffered and died for me, and that He will look on me in love and compassion."
~ Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ~
(born in Salzburg, Austria in 1756)

     When I was a child we lived in Germany for four years.  We immersed ourselves in the culture... learning ein wenig Deutsch zu sprechen (to speak a little German)... going on Volksmarchs and other Volkssporting events around the country... travelling to other countries like Austria, The Netherlands, and France.

     They were magical years for me and all of the best of my childhood memories were made there.

     I went back to Salzburg for Christmas 2008... taking a Danube River Cruise.

     The magic was still there...

1 comment:

  1. LOVELY words. I was born in Germany and had the chance to go back and live for about 7 months in 2010. Very full circle moments happened...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.