Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What do you wish to remember?

     Jaime Ridler posed this question for today's Wishcasting Wednesday and it seems so appropriate for the day before Thanksgiving.

      I want to remember being held in my husband's arms on a bitter cold night, and knowing without a doubt that I am more deeply loved and happier than I've ever been before.

    I want to remember one and two hour conversations with my Mom, laughing until tears run down our legs.

     I want to remember my Dad's shocked look, smile, and then laughter, when I told him my doctor told me to quit exercising because my thighs rubbing kept setting my shorts on fire.  Or the time he asked me if I knew how to cope (a carpentry term meaning to cut at an angle) and I responded "not without drugs and alcohol."  {Just kidding!}

     I want to remember how grateful I was to be at Aunt Nan & Uncle Ron's 50th wedding anniversary family reunion, to be able to fly my Mom out for it, seeing some cousins for the first time in memory, and others I hadn't seen in a few years.

     I want to remember kayaking to Grewingk Glacier in Alaska with cousin, Sue.  I want to remember laughing with cousins, Fred, Sil, Sue, Brad, Sal, Tom, Andy, Amy, and Sharon when what we all really wanted to be doing was crying since we were together for Aunt Linda's memorial service. 

     I want to remember every time Uncle Ron told me he loved me and was proud of me, and it sounded just like my Dad's voice.

     I want to remember laughing so hard with friends on a work-outing because we were doing "the wave"  and the "wobble wobble" in a planetarium, that my sides hurt the next day.

     I want to remember the miracle of life when I helped my first pug, Chynna, deliver six fat and healthy puppies. 

     I want to remember the peaceful look on my Dad's face after he died when I bent to kiss his forehead and tell him I loved him, knowing that he would no longer have to struggle to breathe.

     I want to remember the moments...

11 comments:

  1. As I read your post I remembered a saying,'what is remembered lives'. I think this is a perfect example of how good life is and why it needs to be lived. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you as well (find me here http://bit.ly/vQ4MjJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so beautifully written. I too want to remember those very special moments with people I love. Have a wonderful holiday. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post..there are so many moments in mu life I just love to unwrap and experience again...similar to yours. I wish for you what you wish for yourself, and I thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such special moments!
    As you wish I wish for you too. xo hugs, bonitarose in Fargo..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You brought tears to my eyes as your words brought memories to me....

    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great post. And thank you for sharing so many personal things to remember.

    As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such special wishes to have... Love them all! <3
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such clear memories, like snapshots of your life.
    As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish forher also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet!!
    Your words reminded me of lying on my mama's bed after returning from a (routine) doc's appointment, & her saying "I've realized my mission in life .... to be Kind to people!"
    She was in a memory care unit, & not able to talk much, let alone reveal her life's mission!! & so true ...

    As you wish, so I truly wish for you, & may we remember ....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.