Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What is your greatest wish?

     There are many things circling the drain of my brain with this wish for Wednesday from Jamie Ridler Studios... 

     This morning as I was driving through the guard gate at the military base where I work I saw a truck with this sticker on the window, "Live like he deploys tomorrow."

     I've also got a sermon I heard last night from Joel Osteen that is replaying like a record with the needle stuck in a groove (for those old enough to remember records....).  Praising Your Way to Victory.  He said, "You may be at a place today where you have unborn promises; you have loved ones you’re praying for, but aren’t seeing the change; you may even feel barren. During times like these, it’s tempting to give up and say, “Too bad. It’s never going to happen.” But that’s the time when you need to praise God even more. Praise opens the door for God to move and for breakthroughs to come."

     My greatest wish is that there will come a day when a husband, a wife, their children, and families do not have to live like s/he deploys tomorrow. 
     When we can lift our arms up our hands in praise of peace and in praise of healing... the healing of a nation... the healing of a world... the healing of our hearts and bodies. 
     When stickers on windows won't need to say "Live like He returns tomorrow," because He has.
     My greatest wish is that we all know His love, and in faith we lift our arms up in praise of a new life and a promise answered.

Your love never fails...


6 comments:

  1. as u wish, i wish for you! hugs xo participating this week too! hugs, bonitarose fr ND

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me tear up.
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So heartfelt and genuine.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a LOVELY way of expressing the same thought I had!! Blessings, Cindi! May it be so

    As Cindi wishes for herself & for the world, so I also wish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen...! What a beautiful wish, thank you :]
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.