Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What treasures do you wish for?

     Treasures... the movies of Indiana Jones' adventures and National Treasure come to mind as I think about Jaime's prompt for us this morning.  But the truth is that the treasures I wish for aren't the material kind.  Those "things" come and go in our lives as quickly as some of the people do... as quickly as time passes.  What remains, however, is the real treasure.  The memories.  The emotions.

Image source
     I wish for the treasure of health, as I wait for the results of several skin cancer biopsies.  Health and healing for my husband, our families and friends.  Having health is better than having bank vaults filled with paper money that will burn to ashes in a fire.

     I wish for the treasure of laughter... my own and hearing those around me laugh.  During my conversation last night with mom, I told her that I had decided I was going to start dealing with the stress in my life like my dogs do.  If I can't eat it, play with it, sleep on it... then I'm just going to pee on it and walk away.  Her laughter was like diamonds falling from the sky.  Later, my husband and I watched Secretariat and hearing him laugh at some of John Malkovich's lines made me feel rich, as if I had a room full of rubies, emeralds, and sapphires.

     I wish for the treasure of a faith-filled heart for I already have the treasure of forgiveness.  Last night and this morning I watched T.D. Jakes preach and his words wrapped around my heart like ropes of gold, platinum, and silver bringing tears to my eyes.  I knew his message was God speaking to me, reminding me that these trials and tribulations we are in now is God shifting us to received His blessings.

      I wish for the treasure of family and friends, new and renewed relationships, healed hearts, forgiveness, words of peace and love.  Not just for the holidays, and not just because of the holidays, but because when we have family and friends... when we have love, forgiveness, and peace...  there are no precious gems or precious metals that can replace that.  There is not enough money in the world that will make us richer than the love of our family and friends.

Join us for Wishcasting Wednesdays!


As I wish for myself, so I also wish for you!

7 comments:

  1. I love your wish and I am especially hoping and wishing for your good health. Hopefully your biopsies come back with good news.
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as you wish, I wish for you also..
    hugs to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on love being the greatest treasure of all. Fantastic, and ohhhh so wishable for each and all!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also. Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also. And my fingers are crossed and prayers are being sent out into the universe that all goes well with your health!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great wish. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.