Friday, January 27, 2012

Go for a walk?


Justin Bonderach carries his dog, Jack, in a sling when the pooch refused to walk in the rain, Jan. 23, in Los Angeles.
      I love this. 

     Only because one of my previous pugs, Tink, used to have a real concern about her feet melting in the rain.  While I occasionally grabbed her by her harness and carried her like this if she tried to run into traffic, I didn't make a habit of it.

     Tink must have been the Wicked Witch of the West in a previous life.  We lived in Florida, and it rains more frequently there than it does here in Texas.  Especially during hurricanes and summer.  She probably would have liked Texas better.

     She would go to the back door to ask to go out, and if it was raining when I opened the door, she would look at me as if it was my fault then turn and go to the front door.  I tried to explain to her that the Laws of Geography were that if it was raining in the back yard, there was a good chance it was raining in the front yard.  But she never believed me.  Because of how my townhouse in Florida was built, it actually seemed to rain harder in the front yard from the rain flowing off the roof than in the back yard where I had a covered patio.

     Henry, my current pug, also has some worries about water and drowning but he won't let his bigger brother, Trooper, see his fear and will charge out in the rain along side him.  Both dogs know that following an outing in the rain, they will get a vigorous rubdown massage with a towel to dry them off.  I think sometimes Trooper actually acts like he has to go to the bathroom more often in the rain just so he can get a towel-down.

     Sometimes, we can be afraid to get our feet wet... but if we jump in and begin to swim, we sometimes find that there can be something pleasant in the experience... like a warm towel and hug when we get out.

     Life is like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.