Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Kat!

Kat (top) Christmas 1981 (bottom) November 1984
     Today is my little sister's birthday. She is all of 32 years old (yes, Mom, we know.  She is really starting her 33rd year).

     She was born after I had moved back to my Dad's, and in early 1984 she moved to Scotland with Mom & her dad. For most of her childhood, I was just a voice on the phone, and we never really had many chances to get to know each other.

     But now she is back in the States. A grown woman. A mother of two awesome boys.

     We are getting to know each other again, slowly... still mostly by phone calls... emails... and the dark hole of Facebook.

     This is what I know about my sister...

She is strong.
She is awesome.
She is beautiful.
She is intelligent.
She is my sister, and I'm proud of her and all she has done, become, and will achieve in the future. She holds her world in the palm of her hand and her opportunities are unlimited.
She can do anything she sets her heart and mind to do.

Happy Birthday, Kat. I love you.  You rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.