Wednesday, January 18, 2012

If you listen closely, what do you wish to hear?

     It is Wishcasting Wednesday again, and Jamie Ridler Studios has posted another thought provoking question that falls right into my new blog and my desire to get organized over the next year.

     I've always found it easy to listen to others... to listen to my dogs... the sounds of the wind in the trees... waves at the beach... rain on the roof.

     But the one thing that has always been elusive has been the sound of my own heart's desires.  The things I want most in life... my dreams... goals... hopes for the future.  I tend to ignore my own needs to tend to the needs of others.

     I want to hear my heart... so that I can follow it to my future.

     {P.S. ~ In listening to my heart this morning, and reading my Note from the Universe, I'm hearing my heart tell me that I need to focus more on my writing... and on my giving.  So to respond to the first, I have decided that I need to again start working on a new book which I will publish exclusively on Smashwords.com when it is complete... and... using a random number generator (thanx Amanda!) I will send a copy of my first book "My Best Friends Have Hairy Legs" to a lucky person that comments on this blog.  They will be announced Friday night.}

 Cindy Jones!  You're a winner!


     {P.P.S. 
Sent:  Wednesday, January 18, 2012
                In a way, life itself tracks a person’s generosity, much like an airline might track frequent flyer miles.  The more you give, the more you earn, the higher you fly, and the further you go.  One thing about generosity is that you can’t ever overdo it.
                Coffee, tea, or a flat screen TV?
                                The Universe


11 comments:

  1. A wonderful wish, and now I have Roxette - Listen To Your Heart stuck in my head. :)

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wish Cindi!
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wish, Cindi - and I love the image you've chosen to go with it. It's so very hard sometimes to hear our own desires over the noise of everything else that surrounds us (often things that we've created without realising it)

    May your heart's desires sing clearly to you now that they realise you've started to listen to them again - as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you :-)

    Blessings - TANJA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful wish. Listen to your heart. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I want to hear my heart... so that I can follow it to my future."

    It gives us home for ourselves! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winning! You won a copy of my book in a random generated #. I just sent you an email!

      Delete
  6. I'm surprised to hear that you have trouble hearing your heart ~ you've written books and put 'em out there~ obviously, some part of you must be connecting to your heart and its desires really well! And it's heartening (pun!) to see you talk about your honest struggles here.
    Love!~
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ~ Thank you, Christine... I use my writing to exorcise my demons... it is less painful than exercising!

      Delete
  7. I love the letters from the universe - they always make me take a second to stop and think.

    And it's such a valuable wish you've made. As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and oh-so-important wish. What is it about us women that make us such great listeners when it comes to others and "forget" to listen to ourselves. And YES, great news about your new book : ). As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "There comes a time in every life when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your heart." ~Sarah Dessen

    As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.